Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hello World!

I have a lot more experience writing software than I do blogging and when undertaking any new endeavor most software engineers start off with a simple hello world application. This first post is my blogging equivalent. 

First, a little (but hopefully not too much) about me. I'm currently a Principal Technologist and SE Manager, DoD for MarkLogic where I have been working for four years. Prior to that I've spent over ten years architecting and developing large scale applications in a variety of programming languages, primarily for Government customers. Additionally, I teach on and off at the Computer Science Masters program for Loyola College as well as in the undergraduate program at U.M.B.C. Enough about me already. 

In my current job I spend a lot of time thinking about big data. MarkLogic is the world's leading Big Data company and I spend a lot of time helping customers solve Big Data problems. This blog will primarily be devoted to the things I've learned along the way and other musings about Big Data, with the occasional sprinkle of other software engineering topics. As I've already said, I work for MarkLogic, and many of these posts will directly touch on MarkLogic. However, this blog isn't a marketing pitch for MarkLogic. At times I will definitely advocate for the MarkLogic technology as appropriate, but many posts won't mention it at all.

I'm not entirely sure where this blog will go but I hope you will join me and perhaps even invite some of your friends to tag along. See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment